Idioms

I think this is a record this year. I'm actually posting for a third time in a week! Gotta celebrate the small things sometimes!

Last week, we worked on idioms. Let me tell you...my kids KNOW how to identify some idioms! They don't always know what they mean, but by golly, they can tell you when they hear one! HAHA

One of my students has even been keeping a list of all of the idioms he's found at home. He carries it everywhere and shows me his list like EVERY afternoon! Another one of my students told me at lunch today that he and his rowdy classmates were just trying to keep me on my toes!

Anyways, I wanted to share a cute little Idiom Poster that I created to assess the students at the end of the week. We brainstormed all of our favorite idioms on the board and then I asked them to pick their favorite for the poster activity.



Here are some cute examples!


(Sorry it's blurry! He illustrated "party animal." HAHA It was my fav!



I have found myself having a really hard time at school this year...with everything. I have felt defeated and unmovitated. So...I stumbled upon this blog post tonight by Elizabeth from Kickin' It In Kindergarten and it's just something to inspire a little some hope and comfort in those moments when we feel like we can't do anymore.

Sometimes we just need a little list to remind us of the importance of what we do!

Happy Hump Day!


5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your lovely ideas! I am working on idioms now, so I'll be excited to get this into my students' hands! This has been a hard year for me too. In fact, I haven't even posted since the end of August!! The stress and pressure gets to all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the freebies! They are great!!

    Bethany
    FabandFunin4th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there! I've been having a really hard time too this year... must be in the air. I love your resources! Jessica @ http://jessicaywinston.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute, Ginger! Thanks for sharing!

    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  5. not able to download your idiom worksheet. It is super cute! Is it still available? What about your powerpoint? I can't seem to get access to the PP.

    ReplyDelete

Treats for the Teacher