Valentine's Day Ideas

So, I hate that I haven't been able to blog much this past week. I have had some pretty serious things going on with my family and I just haven't had the time or the energy to post. I have tons of stuff I plan on posting but I'm going to start with the most important first! Valentine's Day stuff! 

A while back, I was inspired by What the Teachers Wants to steal her pumpkin present idea to help quell the nutty children during the Halloween season. Click HERE to see her post! This has inspired me to adapt the idea for Valentine's Day! I plan on using of these to fill with small trinkets. As the day goes on, I will pass it along to different desks of students who are following rules and expectations, being kind and considerate to others, and respecting the school environment. 


I was thinking I would fill it with pencils, candies, erasers, stickers and other fun things! When a student receives the Valentine Present, they will get to choose one thing from the chocolate box. I am so excited to try this out and see who it works!

Another fun thing I plan on doing on Valentine's day is reading this adorable book, "How Do You Hug a Porcupine?" by Laurie Isop, that I found at Barnes and Noble. SOOOOO freakin' precious...


It is a cute rhyming story about a boy who discusses hugging all kinds of animals, but he wonders how to hug a porcupine. He comes up with a clever idea to solve his problem by the end of the book. I am soooo in love with it!  

I thought it would be fun to have students write about how they would hug a porcupine, so I made this cute little writing page!


Just click the image above to download your free copy!

I have some fun science activities to share soon also and more clip art to be uploaded. I will be posting this rectangle clip art sometime today along with the digital stamps of all the fraction sets! 

I know I said I would do it Monday, but I haven't had time! 

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday blog friends!

10 comments:

  1. I hope everything is ok with your family! Super cute idea for Vday! I may just have to borrow it!

    ❤ Mor Zrihen from...
    A Teacher's Treasure
    Teaching Treasures Shop

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to check out How to Hug a Porcupine. Thanks for sharing!

    First Grade Delight
    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the porcupine writing! Thanks for sharing. :)

    Marvelous Multiagers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill! I just found it today and I love it!!

      Delete
  4. Love, love, love the fraction clip art! Too cute!
    ❤ Sandra
    Sweet Times in First
    sweettimesinfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just put this book on hold. Can't wait to read it. Thanks for the cute freebie.

    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete

Treats for the Teacher