Vowel Bingo

I teach at a school with a very high Hispanic population and so naturally, they struggle in reading and writing. This really made me rethink how I wanted to teach spelling this year because whatever I was doing in years past wasn't working out for my students. 

I have always struggled with how to handle spelling and this year, I decided to go with a much more focused approach each week. I really wanted to devote the first 5 weeks to short and long vowels (CVe). 

For example, the first week, we did words with short a vowels and words with long a vowels that follow the CVe rule. The next week, we focused on short and long i. You get the idea.

As a culminating activity to review the short and long vowels, I created this BINGO game. I am including this here for all you teachers out there who might be able to use it! 

Click the pictures to download. 


Here is the call sheet. 


3 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS! My intervention group really needs this! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I SWEAR I was following your blog, I have no idea why I wasn't! I know I've visited it before...what is wrong with me?! Anyways, I am a very happy (not so new?) follower :)
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything you post! That's why I awarded you for the Versatile Blogger Award!


    Pitner's Potpourri

    ReplyDelete

Treats for the Teacher