Teacher Week 2011


Tell us a little something about you...
Let's see...I grew up in Greenville, South Carolina and I would never move away, unless it was to a Caribbean Island somewhere! I have a sister and two brothers. My mom is my hero. I also have a pet fish named Indigo. He was purchased as a reward for my class last year and he got to come home with me for the summer. =) He is a permanent resident now!

How long have you been teaching?
This will be my fifth year teaching. I taught fifth grade for 2 years and have been teaching 3rd for the last two years. I am currently still teaching third grade and I absolutely love it! They're still sweet and cute and they crack me up constantly, however, they can still function mainly on their own without too much crying and shoe tying. (God bless you primary people.) 

You might not know...
That I am obsessed with anything about tornadoes! Since I was a child, I have had dreams about tornadoes consistently. I have always enjoyed watching shows that feature their awesome power. My mom and I always talked about one day going on a tornado chase with professional storm chasers! 

What are you looking most forward to this school year?
I am most looking forward to our new literacy program - Reading Workshop and what it could mean for our students. Of course, I always look forward to the new school year. New kids, new challenges, new experiences, and new learning for me as a teacher. 

What do you need to improve?
I need to improve my desks organization. I have a hard time keeping handouts organized and they usually just find a random place on my desk and then when I need it 5 minutes later, I can't find it. I also need to be better about grading papers on time! I know, it's awful to say, but sadly, true. 

What teaching supplies can you *not* live without?
1. Velcro dots - I use them for EVERYTHING! 
2. Duct tape - They even have cool colors and prints now!


3. My Promethean Board - I think this goes without saying...
4. Labels - I use them in all shapes and sizes and I put them on EVERYTHING!
5. My document camera - I toggle between this and my pro board constantly throughout the day! 


Can't wait for tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Treats for the Teacher